Friday, August 1, 2008

Blessed

For the past week I have been blessed with a visit from 2 wonderful women from Virginia: My dear friend, Coreen and her colleague, Wendy. Coreen is a physical therapy assistant (PTA) and Wendy is a special ed teacher. Coreen has wanted to come to Romania with me since my first trip in 1999, so we were excited to finally have this come to fruition! After arriving on Friday afternoon, we dropped off their luggage and headed immediately into the city (despite the rain and lightning). Saturday we spent the day working on the 9th floor of the children's hospital, loving on the children. Wendy fell in love with Anca immediately! Monday- Thursday, the gals joined me in Tinca where Coreen was able to provide great family training for Ionut, Florentina, Viorel and Claudiu. Meanwhile, Wendy was a great blessing with her willingness to play and interact with all of the children. The children enjoyed the special attention and the staff was thankful for the extra help she provided. We were all blessed with amazing Romanian hospitality, so much that I only cooked 2 dinners! Today the gals are at the hospital while I am here at the apartment getting caught up before we leave tomorrow. We will be leaving at 6:00, heading over to Budapest as the gals fly out from there on Sunday morning. From Budapest, I will then be heading to Prague for a week, yea! Since I won't have any email access while I am gone, I won't be blogging again until the 11th of August. Once I am back in Romania, I will write a special blog about my last working day in Tinca as right now emotions are just too high...I am sure this is understandable. It is so hard to believe I only have 3 1/2 more weeks before I will be home!

No comments: