Friday, May 30, 2008

A Time of Refreshing
















"Come aside by yourselves to a deserted place and rest a while" (Mark 6:31, NKJV)

The month of May was quite busy with autism trainings, working in Tinca, helping Dora reassess and write treatment plans on the children at Centru de Recupare, seeing children in their homes, and helping out with a team of therapists from the University of Tennessee-Chattanooga. I was asked to take part in a panel discussion during the "Sanctity of Life" Conference at Emanuel University, helped lead a workshop for PT and PT students, and then did some informal trainings for 2 of the teachers at Casa Minunata, a school here in Oradea. Jenny, my PT friend here, approached me a few weeks ago about going to Bucharest with her and another friend, Kristi. We were invited to come and do trainings for the staff at a local orphanage. Apparently they have received a good amount of sensory-integration equipment, but have no idea how to use it! So knowing that June will also be an adventurous month, God gently called me aside for a few days of rest...in my beloved city of Budapest (Hungary)!

My dear friends Kata and Istvan graciously offered me the use of their extra apartment, which is located in a great area! I was able to meet with several of my friends, go back to the school where I worked (and sat in on one of Kata's classes), meander though the city, and of course, I attended church at Calvary Chapel Budapest. My friends Edina and Zoli had me over for dinner and surprised with with the news that they are expecting their first child! Another important reason for my visit was to finally meet my little "Zsofika". My closest friends in Hungary, Agi and Lacza, had their first child 2 days after my birthday. Her name is Zsofi and I will be posting LOTS of pictures of her soon! It was a much needed time of refreshing...spiritually, emotionally and physically. I am sharing a few of my favorite pictures to give you a "taste" of Budapest. It is truly a captivating city!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That yellow wall with the window and lamp post is so cool!