Saturday, May 17, 2008

Cristina and Marcus




" And let us not get tired of doing what is right, for after a while we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don't get discouraged and give up. That's why whenever we can we should always be kind to everyone, and especially to our Christian brothers" (Galatians 6:9-10, NLT)


Over the past few weeks, I have received calls asking me to work with several children in their homes. In all honesty, my first response was "No way, I don't have the time or energy to add anymore kids to my schedule". But then I prayed and the above verse pierced me. My friend Jenny (the missionary PT here) called, asking me if I could see a little boy in Tinca who was in a foster home. She had met with a doctor in the children's hospital here in Oradea who is somehow related to the family taking care of the child and the doctor implored us to help. Marcus is an adorable and precocious 4 year old who eagerly waits for his "massage and exercises". Because he is in state-run foster care, I can only show his profile. He is such a cutie! Then my friends Mihaela (Michelle)and David called, asking me if I could see their daughter. I have known Cristina since she was a baby and her parents have done a wonderful job following through with all my suggestions. So now I am seeing both Cristina and Marcus on a weekly basis. The really awesome thing is that the Gut family (the foster family for Marcus) and the Moza family (Cristina's parents) are all Christians. He reminds me time and time again that I have just the amount of time and just the amount of energy to do just His will.

No comments: