Saturday, April 5, 2008

A Glimpse into My Week

April has only arrived and yet is already proving to be an exciting month. Christine, an occupational therapist from Minnesota, arrived on the 2nd and will be staying with me for the next 3 weeks. It has already been great having another pair of eyes and hands, and I am looking forward to her help especially in Tinca. Entering into my third week here in Romania, I have now developed a schedule and am more in "the flow" of things. So I thought it might be interesting to give you a glimpse into my week here. On Monday mornings I am traveling by bus from Oradea to Tinca (about 1 to 1 1/2 hours) and then staying there until Tuesday evenings when I take the bus back to Oradea. Staying in Tinca allows me greater opportunities to work with the children, as well as to spend time with the foster parents. Please continue to pray that I will have a great impact in reaching the children and caregivers in Tinca. Wednesday is my flexible day that I am using to meet/assist parents of children with disabilities, write reports, collaborate with other foundations and missionaries, etc. This coming Wednesday I will be meeting with the parent support group for children on the autism spectrum, discussing their needs and setting up home visits. Thursday and Fridays I continue to spend with Dora at the rehab center (former orphanage), seeing the children from the small "orphanage/group" homes. And Saturdays I am going to the Children's Hospital, primarily to work on the "genetic unit" (the section for children with disabilities). Sundays here are spent at church (3 hours in the morning), having Sunday dinner, and then returning to church for a 2 hour evening service. Because of the generosity of all my dear friends here in Romania, I have never had to cook on a Sunday! Thursday evenings I typically attend mid-week church services and Friday nights I have my Romanian language lessons with my friend Carmen. But for those of you who know me well, this schedule is really no more draining than my schedule at home!

No comments: