Sunday, April 13, 2008

La Multi Ani (Happy Birthday)





Spring has arrived and flowers are all in bloom! Last Wednesday I was showered with beautiful tulips, hyacinths, daffodils, freesia, a miniature rosebush and a bromelaid plant. I am thankful to have been born in the glorious month of April! Jokingly I had decided to take the day off for my birthday, knowing full well that it would never come to pass...instead I had my initial meeting with the autism parent support group in the morning, then went to the hospital to play with Levente and meet Jenny regarding his chair. It was great to meet up with some of the parents I did trainings for last year. One mother, Gabi, told me that she started working with her daughter on the vestibular activities I had suggested and within just a few weeks began seeing progress. Praise God! There are 33 parents involved in the group and they all want me to work with their children, which isn't realistic given my other commitments in Tinca and at the Center. Next weekend I will meet some of the children and then we will discuss which children have the greatest sensory needs. Levente seems quite comfortable in his chair, and Dorina and Rodica (the workers employed from my friend Kathy's foundation)both felt comfortable with positioning him. Due to the heaviness of his head, the workers rarely hold Levente. But for me he is easy, so I held him for over an hour and was rewarded with lots of coos and smiles. Wednesday was also my dear friend Felicia Vari's birthday (she is Luci's sister). So the Vari family surprised us with a HUGE celebration! We had an amazing dinner, with all my favorite Romanian foods, and were then presented with a scrumptious torta (cake)-Yum! It was definitely a birthday to remember.

No comments: