Saturday, June 22, 2013

May 31st - June 2nd 2013. Szatmarcseke, Hungary: Viki's Wedding

Dear Friends, 

It has been nearly a month since I left home and I am just now managing to update my blog. As always, I appreciate your patience, your faithful prayers and encouragement. I hope you will be encouraged by these stories and pictures. To make it a bit easier, I am going to be do separate posts for each place I have been.




I left home on May 29th with only 1 suitcase, deciding this year to travel light.  It sounded like a great idea, that is until American Airlines lost my luggage! Next year I will surely bring  a carry on :). My luggage was delivered to Romania 4 days later, but this meant I had no change of clothes or proper clothes for Viki and Bela's wedding. Viki was one of my students when I taught English in Budapest 2001-2002 and we have remained very close. After years of praying for her, she accepted the Lord as her Savior and was then baptized a few years ago. So attending her wedding was extra special. After a 6 hour train ride, I arrived in the little village of Szatmarcseke, close to the Ukrainian border. Viki's family's had already gathered some clothes and toiletries for me and some of her friends took me into the closest town to purchase a shirt and a pair of shoes. Not exactly the clothing I would have chosen, but thankfully, everyone in the whole village (it's tiny) knew what happened and were very kind to me. It was definitely a time of testing, but I am so thankful for being able to witness their wedding. 



No comments: